I was suprised at the lovely pattern of the Crochet Thicket Stitch and can not wait to create something special using it. Thicket stitch is an easy, textured and reversable crochet stitch.
The pattern is the 4th crochet stitch, made up of a combination of single and double crochet stitches only (US terms), shared on the blog:
The Lemon Peel Stitch or Soft Moss, was up first;
Then followed the Wattle Stitch; and
on it's heels, Silt Stitch.
How to crochet thicket stitch (aslo known as sedge stitch)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Yarn of your choice - I used double knitting weight/light or light worsted yarn
- Hook size for your yarn choice - hook used for this project - 4mm, G/6 (US) 8 (UK)
Skill level: Beginner with basic crochet skills.
Some of the links are affiliated. If you make a purchase as a result thereof, I will be compensated, at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting me!
STITCHES AND ABBREVIATIONS
ch – chain
dc - double crochet
sc - single crochet
sts - stitches
GAUGE AND SIZE
Not available as yarn, hook and tension may differ.
NOTES TO CLARIFY
Ch1 at every end of the row, does not count as a stitch.
More Crochet stuff shared in my Amazon Influencer Shop
CROCHET thicket stitch pattern
The pattern is in US terms.
Start with an amount of chains required to achieve the size of your project, in multiples of 2.
In the sample, I started with 30 chains.
Foundation row: (sc,dc) in 2rd ch from the hook, *skip the next ch, (sc,dc) in next ch, repeat from * to last 2 chains, skip ch, sc in in the last ch, ch 1 turn;
1st row: (sc,dc) in the first sc, *skip the next dc (of previous row), (sc,dc) in next sc (of previous row), repeat from * across, ch1, turn.
Repeat row 1 for the pattern until your work is the required length.
more about combination stitches:
The following stitch patterns are similar to the Thicket stitch, such as:
Where to use the thicket stitch
- Bags or pouches
Well done - you mastered another crochet stitch!
Please care to share the post on one of your social media accounts!
Enjoy more crochet projects available on the blog:
- Crochet Tissue Pouch
- You'll want to crochet (or knit) one of the best Christmas trees
- Crochet Quiet Books
- Crochet an elegant pillow cover
- The most adorable animal granny squares
- The most popular granny squares to use in blankets/throws
- How to crochet straight granny stitch
- Crochet Bunny Wall Hanging
- 15+ Site that offer free Crochet Patterns
- Small crochet squares to create picture blankets
- Crafts for charity
- Quick and Easy Baby Blankets on Etsy
- Handmade Gift Ideas
- Crochet (and Knitting) Christmas gift ideas
- Easy Moss Stitch Baby Blanket
- Minnie Mouse Crochet Ornament
- Best DIY Christmas Gift Ideas for Grandkids
- Easy Crochet Hanger Cover in Crazy Stitch
- More free baby crochet blanket patterns
- Quick and easy crochet chevron baby blanket
- How to crochet Crazy Stitch
- Easy Crochet Pot Plant Cover
- How to Crochet Moss Stitch
- Crochet Patterns for Boys
- Add DIY Poufs to your Decor
- 5 Free Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns to make in a weekend
- Super Easy Crochet Baby Blanket