If you need a gift for a precious bundle and you've almost run out of time to make something special, the 5 free baby blanket patterns to crochet in a weekend, are just what the stork ordered!
I did not choose - 'to crochet in a weekend' to get you to click through...no, I used the line because:-
- The patterns have been carefully selected;
- Almost all of the patterns are highly popular and different versions thereof have been made and shared;
- Most patterns come with instructions;
- Even Crochet-Newbies will be able to master the patterns;
- All patterns are quick and easy!
- And...it is really possible to crochet it in a weekend.
Some of the links are affiliated. If you make a purchase as a result thereof, I will be compensated, at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting me!
Here is a video to show you HOw to make a slip knot
this VIDEO teaches YOU HOW TO do the chain stitch
here are the 5 FREE BABY BLANKET PATTERNS TO CROCHET IN A WEEKEND
I don't know about you, but before I make something, I do a thorough search of the topic on good old (new) Pinterest. I do get carried away too, there is just soooo many patterns, ideas and inspiration.
But that is a story for another day!
What I will confess though, is that before I became a grandmother, I started projects but hardly ever finished a lot of it.
One of the reasons could be perfectionism - bad, bad, bad for creativity; and
Apart from that, I get bored very quickly...ouch!
1. Easy on the Tongue - I made this one-stitch chevron blanket for my grandson, almost two years ago. It was my first crochet blanket and also the first blanket I ever finished...
The single crochets are done in the back loop which causes the ripple-effect (apart from the chevron).
The baby shower had a mint color scheme and I incorporated it into the blanket - and yes, it was done in time!
2. For the Rescued Paw Designs' pattern, the blogger, Krista used worsted weight yarn (very thick yarn) and a combination of single and double crochet stitches.
She calls it a simple crochet blanket, and it really and truely is super simple to create.
If you want, add fringes at the two shorter ends or in the length if you want to use it as a throw.
You can be cute and add pom-poms instead - who said creativity is dead.
For More Free Baby Crochet Blanket Patterns - here is another post full of loveliness:
3. Rebecca of Little Monkeys Crochet created a delightful blanket for her son, Henry.
She basically divided the blanket into 6 color blocks which alternate between blocks of Herringbone HDC and blocks of SC+HDC combos. Each color block is separated by a thin, 2-row block of white, to quote.
The ribbing at the top and bottom makes for a very fine finish and adds to the overall charm of the project.
4. Love Crochet features a quick and easy Baby Star Blanket, using single crochet stitch throughout.
The designer, Kate Eastwoord added a picot border and appliqued stars in a contrasting color.
And that's what changed it from drab to fab!
Color combination and something as simple as the edging will give your handmade item/s the edge. By that, I mean the difference between something you made using a craft or something you created with a combination of all of your talents and skills as a craftster.
5. Just Pootling used waffle stitch to crochet a soft and special blanket, edged with a pom-pom like border. At the end of her post, there is a link to the tutorial post.
It looks super soft and baby-ish and I am sure, any expecting Mommy will love a gift like this.
Super simple, quick and easy, yet functional with a finishing touch.
Lovely baby soft yarn on Amazon - more Crochet stuff shared in my Amazon Influencer Shop
I hope one of the patterns will be just what you were looking for!
Liked it? Please share on one of your social media accounts!
please share the image to pinterest or facebook. If you share to instagram, tag me @easy_on_the_tongue
MORE RELATED POSTS TO CHECK OUT:
- Crochet an Easy and Elegant Pillow Cover in a Weekend
- Most adorable Animal Granny Squares
- The most popular Granny Squares to use for Throws
- How to crochet Granny Stitch
- Crochet Small Squares
- Quick and Easy Baby Blankets on Etsy
- Handmade Gift Ideas
- Easy Moss Stitch Baby Blanket
- Minnie Mouse Crochet Ornament
- Easy Crochet Hanger Cover in Crazy Stitch
- How to crochet Crazy Stitch
- Easy Crochet Pot Plant Cover
- How to Crochet Moss Stitch
- Crochet Patterns for Boys
- Add DIY Poufs to your Decor
- 5 Free Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns to make in a weekend
- 15+ Site that offer free Crochet Patterns
- Super Easy Crochet Baby Blanket