Quick and Easy Crochet Stitches, How to Crochet Crazy Stitch
If you have a first glance at this stitch, you might wonder how on earth do you crochet that. The secret is out as I am about to show you - How to crochet crazy stitch!
It definitely looks far more complicated than it really is - trust me, you will master how to crochet crazy stitch in less than 2 minutes.
I used it in a throw and to cover a hanger lately and it came out beautifully!
You will definitely find something to use the crazy stitch pretty soon.
How to crochet crazy stitch
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Yarn of your choice - I used double knitting weight/light or light worsted yarn
- Hook size for your yarn choice - hook used for this project - 4mm, G/6 (US) 8 (UK)
Skill level: Beginner with basic crochet skills
STITCHES AND ABBREVIATIONS
ch – chain
dc - double crochet
sc - single crochet
sk - skip
sp - space
sts - stitches
More Crochet stuff shared in my Amazon Influencer Shop
Some of the links are affiliated. If you make a purchase as a result thereof, I will be compensated, at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting me!
GAUGE AND SIZE
Not available as yarn, hook and tension may differ.
pattern for the crazy stitch
Chain any amount of stitches in multiples of 4.
Row 1 - Ch1, Sc 1 in first ch, Ch 3 + 3 dc's in same stitch, sk 3 stitches, *Sc 1, Ch 3 + 3 dc's in same st, sk 3 stitches* to end, sc in last ch, Ch 3, Turn
Row 2 - Sc 1 in Ch3 of previous row. Ch 3 and 3 dc in same chain- *Sc 1, Ch 3 + 3 dc's in same st, sk 3 stitches* to end, sc in last st, Ch 3, Turn
From the second row on, you will not really skip 3 stitches - the 3 dc's of the previous row will in fact lie diagonally below your 'new 3 dc's'
Diagram explaining how to CROCHET crazy stitch
I tried to explain how to crazy stitch in the diagram below:-
more about combination stitches:
The following crochet stitch patterns also use a combination of sc and dc stitches only, such as:
- Silt Stitch
- Thicket Stitch
- Wattle Stitch
- Houndstooth Stitch
Where to use the crazy stitch
- Hanger Covers
- Bags or pouches
Well done - you mastered another crochet stitch!
Please care to share the post on one of your social media accounts!
More crochet projects
Enjoy more crochet projects available on the blog:
- Crochet Tissue Pouch
- You'll want to crochet (or knit) one of the best Christmas trees
- Crochet Quiet Books
- Crochet an elegant pillow cover
- The most adorable animal granny squares
- The most popular granny squares to use in blankets/throws
- How to crochet straight granny stitch
- Crochet Bunny Wall Hanging
- 15+ Site that offer free Crochet Patterns
- Small crochet squares to create picture blankets
- Crafts for charity
- Quick and Easy Baby Blankets on Etsy
- Handmade Gift Ideas
- Crochet (and Knitting) Christmas gift ideas
- Easy Moss Stitch Baby Blanket
- Minnie Mouse Crochet Ornament
- Best DIY Christmas Gift Ideas for Grandkids
- Easy Crochet Hanger Cover in Crazy Stitch
- More free baby crochet blanket patterns
- Quick and easy crochet chevron baby blanket
- How to crochet Crazy Stitch
- Easy Crochet Pot Plant Cover
- How to Crochet Moss Stitch
- Crochet Patterns for Boys
- Add DIY Poufs to your Decor
- 5 Free Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns to make in a weekend
- Super Easy Crochet Baby Blanket