My first post I shared a while ago, '5 Free Baby Blanket Patterns to Crochet in a Weekend' was so popular, I decided to do a follow up with more free baby crochet blanket patterns to do in a weekend!
Again I have to reiterate that I did not choose - 'to crochet in a weekend' to get you to click through...no, I used the line because:-
- The patterns have been carefully selected;
- Almost all of the patterns are highly popular and different versions thereof have been made and shared;
- Most patterns come with instructions;
- Even Crochet-Newbies will be able to master the patterns;
- All patterns are quick and easy!
- And...it is really possible to crochet it in a weekend.
Did I mention that all of the patterns included are also FREE. Now that is a bonus!
5 FREE BABY CROCHET BLANKET PATTERNS
Most of the crochet patterns shared in this post, are suitable for beginner crocheters.
If you are not confident about a stitch, a blanket in one pattern stitch is actually ideal. By the end of it, you'll have on crochet stitch completely under the belt! How about that?!
1. A lacy chevron crochet pattern
Easy on the Tongue - Firstly, I can not explain why, but this pattern is one of my most favorites to make...it was just relaxing and did not feel like much of an effort to make!
The new mommy chose for her nursery apricot and soft lime - it is a lovely color combination.
I could not find the same yarn in both colors and used double strings of the apricot in 4-ply yarn, which still worked out nicely.
2. Daisy Farm Crafts has become one of my go-to-sites for inspiration. Her color combinations are just absolutely lovely and her patterns are easy enough to make in a weekend!
The pattern I chose from her blog is a modern Boho Granny Striped Baby Blanket (or for granny or someone else).
Tiffany shares a video tutorial of the stitch she used in the blanket and also a pom-pom border for a blanket, which is really handy to have (in your library or memory).
Pattern and Image courtesy of Daisy Farm Crafts
Free Baby Crochet Blanket Patterns Continued
Lovely baby soft yarn on Amazon - more Crochet stuff shared in my Amazon Influencer Shop
3. V-stitch baby blanket
Have you ever felt the urge to start a project at 8pm and know it has to be done in a day?!?
I must confess, it is the exact same urgency that sometimes makes me start and finish stuff in the blink of an eye...as opposed to other times when I just can not get myself to complete a 95%-almost-done-item...
Are we from Mars?
Back to Jamey - her blanket turned out lovely, with striking colors, and in the end, perfectly done in time!
Pattern and Image courtesy of Dabbles and Babbles
weekend projects - Baby Crochet Blanket Patterns Continued
4. An heirloom blanket crocheted in Moss Stitch
Mama in a Stitch (blogger Jessica) created a "neutral, modern, heirloom quality blanket with super wash wool. The blanket features a woven look and a color scheme that go with any home décor and simple stripes."
I share this pattern as a baby blanket because it looks baby soft and lovely and is definitely so-so easy!
Made in moss-stitch (or granite or linen stitch) with a lovely choice of placement of the stripes makes this definitely a project worth trying!
Want to learn how to crochet moss stitch, click on the highlighted area for my tutorial post.
Image courtesy of Mama in a Stitch
5. A straight granny stitch blanket in stripes
Kristine in Between used the simple granny stitch to create this lovely blanket.
"This simple granny stripe afghan is made up of cluster stitches, which are just 3 double-crochet stitches in one space and then the border is 3 rows of SC all the way around, joined at the end with a slip stitch."
Kristine made the blanket for her husband, but it will be perfect for a baby as well!
Fast, easy and nice looking to go all the way - awhhhhh!!!
Some of the links are affiliated. If you make a purchase as a result thereof, I will be compensated, at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting me!
In addition to the above, here are previous crochet projects, details:
- Quick and Easy Baby Blankets on Etsy
- Handmade Gift Ideas
- Easy Moss Stitch Baby Blanket
- Minnie Mouse Crochet Ornament
- Easy Crochet Hanger Cover in Crazy Stitch
- How to crochet Crazy Stitch
- Easy Crochet Pot Plant Cover
- How to Crochet Moss Stitch
- Crochet Patterns for Boys
- Add DIY Poufs to your Decor
- 5 Free Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns to make in a weekend
- 15+ Site that offer free Crochet Patterns
- Super Easy Crochet Baby Blanket
Easy crochet stich patterns to use for quick and easy crochet projects are:
Please PIN this image to one of your Crochet Boards!