Face Mask, Free Crochet Pattern + PDF
Stay safe is the new buzz word. And to do that, you also need a face mask. Use the free face mask crochet pattern in this post to make your own.
You won't believe how easy the pattern is!
I can not take any credit for the pattern as it was designed by a happy crocheter, who shared it in a Facebook group.
And as a special thank you to all the generous ladies who are also going to be making masks for others, I provide the pdf free of charge.
free face mask crochet pattern
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Yarn of your choice - I used double knitting weight/light or light worsted Cotton
- Hook size for your yarn choice - hook used for this project - 4mm, G/6 (US) 8 (UK)
- Embroidery Needle
It is not recommended to use anything but cotton yarn for you mask.
Skill level: Beginner with basic crochet skills
Some of the links are affiliated. If you make a purchase as a result thereof, I will be compensated, at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting me!
STITCHES AND ABBREVIATIONS
ch – chain
sc - single crochet
st - stitch
sts - stitches
GAUGE AND SIZE
Finished face mask measures 8.5″ (21.5cm)(widest part) by 5.5″(14cm) (measured from under the eyes to under the mouth) - these are the measurements of the flat piece of the crochet mask.
NOTES TO CLARIFY
Ch1 at every end of the row, does not count as a stitch;
You'll be crocheting the mask in steps (apart from the middle section). See images below;
Line your face mask with pure cotton (and a filter) to provide proper protection,
wear it, over a paper or another surgical mask.
More Crochet stuff shared in my Amazon Influencer Shop
pattern for the face mask crochet project
The pattern is in US terms.
1st row: sc in 2nd chain from hook, sc into each ch to end, ch1, turn (34 sts);
2nd row: sc in each of the next 30 sts, ch1, turn;
3rd row: sc 26 sts, ch1, turn;
4th row: sc 22 sts, ch1, turn;
5th row: sc 18 sts, ch1, turn;
6th row: sc 14 sts, ch1, turn;
7th row: sc 10 sts, ch1, turn;
8th row: sc 22 sts (meaning you'll sc in the 10sts and then proceed to sc in each of the unworked sts in previous rows until you have completed 22 sc's) (try to have the work fairly tight as you don't want unwanted holes), ch1, turn;
9th row: sc 34 sts (as 8th row - in worked and unworked sts), ch1, turn;
10th - 14th rows: sc 34 sts, ch1, turn;
15th row: sc 30 sts, ch1, turn;
16th row: sc 26 sts, ch1, turn;
17th row: sc 22 sts, ch1, turn;
18th row: sc 18 sts, ch1, turn;
19th row: sc 14 sts, ch1, turn;
20th row: sc 10 sts, ch1, turn;
21st row: sc 22 sts (using the same method as the 8th row, working in unworked rows), ch1, turn;
22nd row: sc 34 sts (as 8th row), ch1, turn;
23rd - 28th rows: sc 34 sts, ch1, turn;
DO NOT CUT YOUR YARN
Creating the ties:
29th row: ch 30 (tie) and attach at bottom of mask;
30th row: sc 34 sts across cast on row;
31st row: ch 30 (other tie) and attach at top of mask;
32nd row: sc 34 sts across top of mask.
Fasten off and weave in the ends.
The number of chains can be adjusted to fit a smaller of bigger person.
This pattern is small enough for an average woman and big enough for a tall man.
Adjust the size of your mask by adjusting your yarn and hook combination too.
Well done - you finished one Face Mask!
Now...I'm hoping you are so inspired to make some more.
Please share on one of your social media accounts with the #eottfacemask!
Want the pdf pattern?
join our resource library
By completing the form below, you agree to join the Easy on the Tongue Craft & Inspirations Tribe & will receive the password to the Resource Library and Newsletters (not more than once a week).
Thank you for visiting Easy on the Tongue. For more crochet projects, here follows a list of previous posts:
- Crochet Tissue Pouch
- You'll want to crochet (or knit) one of the best Christmas trees
- Crochet Quiet Books
- Crochet an elegant pillow cover
- The most adorable animal granny squares
- The most popular granny squares to use in blankets/throws
- How to crochet straight granny stitch
- Crochet Bunny Wall Hanging
- 15+ Site that offer free Crochet Patterns
- Small crochet squares to create picture blankets
- Crafts for charity
- Quick and Easy Baby Blankets on Etsy
- Handmade Gift Ideas
- Crochet (and Knitting) Christmas gift ideas
- Easy Moss Stitch Baby Blanket
- Minnie Mouse Crochet Ornament
- Best DIY Christmas Gift Ideas for Grandkids
- Easy Crochet Hanger Cover in Crazy Stitch
- More free baby crochet blanket patterns
- Quick and easy crochet chevron baby blanket
- How to crochet Crazy Stitch
- Easy Crochet Pot Plant Cover
- How to Crochet Moss Stitch
- Crochet Patterns for Boys
- Add DIY Poufs to your Decor
- 5 Free Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns to make in a weekend
- Super Easy Crochet Baby Blanket