With the Free Crochet Pattern for a Granny Christmas Tree, available in this post, you can crochet it as gifts, gifts tags or decorations.
The Granny Christmas Tree is an easy and inexpensive handmade item.
CROCHET PATTERN FOR A GRANNY CHRISTMAS TREE
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Yarn of your choice - I used double knitting weight/light or light worsted cotton
- Hook size for your yarn choice - hook used for this project - 4mm, G/6 (US) 8 (UK)
- Embroidery Needle
- Trinkets, buttons, wooden or resin Christmas decorations
Skill level: Beginner with basic crochet skills
Some of the links are affiliated. If you make a purchase as a result thereof, I will be compensated, at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting me!
STITCHES AND ABBREVIATIONS
beg - beginning
ch – chain
dc - double crochet
hdc - half double crochet
sk - skip
sl st – slip stitch
GAUGE AND SIZE
Finished Christmas tree measures 5.5″ (length) by 3.2″ (width) - this is the measurements from the top to the bottom of the trunk.
NOTES TO CLARIFY
Ch1 or Ch2 at every end of the row, counts as a stitch;
The Christmas tree is crocheted in the round.
Work is joined with sl st in 2nd ch (at beginning).
I found similar yarn to what I've used on Amazon plus get more Crochet stuff shared in my Amazon Influencer Shop
Crochet Pattern for a Granny Christmas Tree
The pattern is in US terms.
Chain 3sts, join with slst in first ch;
1st round: (working in ring) 2 ch, 2 dc, 2 ch, 3dc, 2 ch, join with sl st in 2nd of beginning 2-ch;
2nd round: 2 ch, 2 dc in same opening, 2 ch, 3 dc in next 2ch- opening, 2 ch, join with sl st;
3rd round: 2 ch, (1 dc, 1 ch, 2dc) in same beg ch-opening, 2 ch, (2 dc, 1 ch, 2 dc) in next 2 ch-opening, 2 ch, join with sl st;
4th round: 2 ch, 3 dc in (next) 1 ch-opening, 2 ch, 3 dc in next 2 ch-opening, 2 ch, 3 dc in second 1 ch-opening, 2 ch, 2 dc in last 2 ch-opening, join with sl st;
5th round: 2 ch, 2 dc in same opening, *2 ch, 3 dc in next 2 ch-opening, 3 times, 2 ch, join with sl st;
6th round: 2 ch, 2 dc in same opening, (2 dc, 1 ch, 2 dc) in next 2 ch-opening, 2 ch, 3 dc in next 2 ch-opening, (2 dc, 1 ch, 2 dc) in next 2 ch-opening, 2 ch, join with sl st;
7th round: 2 ch, 2 dc in same opening, *2 ch, 3 dc in next ch-openings* 5 times, 2 ch, join with sl st;
8th round: 2 ch, *3 dc in next opening, 2 ch* 5 times, 2 ch, 2 dc in last ch-opening , join with sl st;
9th round: 2 ch, 2 dc in same opening, 2 ch, 3 dc in next opening, 2 ch, (2 dc, 1 ch, 2 dc) in next 2 ch-opening, *2 ch, 3 dc* twice in next 2 openings, 2 ch (2 dc, 1 ch, 2 dc) in next ch-opening, 2 ch, join with sl st;
10th round: 1ch, hdc in every st and ch around = 30sts; ( I did not fasten off here, as I was more or less in the middle of the tree).
Arrange the tree so that the single Granny stitches are in the front and back and the (2 dc, 1 ch, 2 dc) - combinations on the sides.
Trunk of christmas tree
With your tree on a flat surface, establish the middle of your tree. If you fastened off, join 3 sts from the middle:
**1st row: 1 ch, 1 hdc in next 6 hdc's from the last round, turn;
2nd row: 1 ch, 1 hdc in each hdc, turn;
3rd row: repeat 2nd row;
Fasten off and weave in the ends**.
If you did not fasten off from the 10th round, sl st in next 3 sts to the left and continue from ** to **.
Thread a ribbon or twine through the top round (3 ch's) and tie ends together.
Add a bow, bell or all sorts of loveliness to your Christmas tree and hang it, add it and enjoy it!
Now...make some more.
Please share on one of your social media accounts!
Check out more crochet projects, here are previous posts to keep you hookin:
- Crochet Christmas Crackers
- Crochet Tissue Pouch
- You'll want to crochet (or knit) one of the best Christmas trees
- Crochet Quiet Books
- Crochet an elegant pillow cover
- The most adorable animal granny squares
- The most popular granny squares to use in blankets/throws
- How to crochet straight granny stitch
- Crochet Bunny Wall Hanging
- 15+ Site that offer free Crochet Patterns
- Small crochet squares to create picture blankets
- Crafts for charity
- Quick and Easy Baby Blankets on Etsy
- Handmade Gift Ideas
- Crochet (and Knitting) Christmas gift ideas
- Easy Moss Stitch Baby Blanket
- Minnie Mouse Crochet Ornament
- Best DIY Christmas Gift Ideas for Grandkids
- Easy Crochet Hanger Cover in Crazy Stitch
- More free baby crochet blanket patterns
- Quick and easy crochet chevron baby blanket
- How to crochet Crazy Stitch
- Easy Crochet Pot Plant Cover
- How to Crochet Moss Stitch
- Crochet Patterns for Boys
- Add DIY Poufs to your Decor
- 5 Free Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns to make in a weekend
- Super Easy Crochet Baby Blanket