The Crochet Pebble Stitch Pattern is a lovely textured, creating 'pebbles' on the front with a flat wrong side.
The crochet stitch pattern is a 4-row repeat.
The pattern is a combination of single crochet stitches as the puff stitch is also using a 'variation' of single crochet stitches (US terms).
The possibilities with the Pebble stitch is endless and many different patterns can be achieved with it.
How to Crochet Pebble Stitch Pattern
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Yarn of your choice - I used double knitting weight/light or light worsted yarn
- Hook size for your yarn choice - hook used for this project - 4mm, G/6 (US) 8 (UK)
Skill level: Beginner with basic crochet skills
STITCHES AND ABBREVIATIONS (US)
ch – chain
dc - double crochet
sc - single crochet
st - stitch
sts - stitches
GAUGE AND SIZE
This is a crochet swatch to demonstrate the stitch pattern.
Gauge and size is not available as yarn, hook and tension may differ.
NOTES TO CLARIFY
Ch1 at end of every row, does not count as a stitch.
Yarn over, insert hook in the specified stitch, and pull up a loop, do this 2 more times = 7 loops on the hook. Yarn over and pull through all loops.
Crochet stuff shared in my Amazon Influencer Shop
Some of the links are affiliated. If you make a purchase as a result thereof, I will be compensated, at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting me!
pattern to crochet pebble stitch
The pattern is in US terms.
Chain in multiples of 4 + 2, for the sample I chained 30.
1st row: sc in second chain from the hook and in each st across, ch1 and turn;
2nd row: *[sc in first st, puff st in the next one], repeat from * to the last st, finishing with sc, ch1 and turn;
3rd row: work one sc in each st across, ch1 and turn;
4th row: sc in each of the first 2 sts, *puff st in the next st followed by one sc in the following st, repeat from * to the last 2 sts, sc in each of them , ch1 and turn;
5th row: work one sc in each st across, ch1 and turn;
Repeat rows 2-5 until your work is the required length.
Be creative and try to make some shapes or patterns using the pebble stitch pattern.
crochet pebble stitch pattern in UK terms
Use the US pattern above and substitute all single crochet stitches with double crochets (UK terms).
variation on THE pebble STITCH pattern
Note that some patterns use multiples of 3 + 4 stitches as their foundation chains.
Where to use the pebble stitch?
- Dishcloths/Washcloths - the lovely spa wash cloth by Lulu Stitch Co is an ideal inexpensive, handmade gift;
- Blanket/Throws - check out the use of the pattern in a stitch sampler blanket by Hooked on Homemade Happiness;
- Beanie/ Hat by Lady Behind the Curtain
- Bags or pouches
Please care to share the post on one of your social media accounts!
Enjoy more crochet projects available on the blog:
- Crochet Tissue Pouch
- You'll want to crochet (or knit) one of the best Christmas trees
- Crochet Quiet Books
- Crochet an elegant pillow cover
- The most adorable animal granny squares
- The most popular granny squares to use in blankets/throws
- How to crochet straight granny stitch
- Crochet Bunny Wall Hanging
- 15+ Site that offer free Crochet Patterns
- Small crochet squares to create picture blankets
- Crafts for charity
- Quick and Easy Baby Blankets on Etsy
- Handmade Gift Ideas
- Crochet (and Knitting) Christmas gift ideas
- Easy Moss Stitch Baby Blanket
- Minnie Mouse Crochet Ornament
- Best DIY Christmas Gift Ideas for Grandkids
- Easy Crochet Hanger Cover in Crazy Stitch
- More free baby crochet blanket patterns
- Quick and easy crochet chevron baby blanket
- How to crochet Crazy Stitch
- Easy Crochet Pot Plant Cover
- How to Crochet Moss Stitch
- Crochet Patterns for Boys
- Add DIY Poufs to your Decor
- 5 Free Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns to make in a weekend
- Super Easy Crochet Baby Blanket