The Garter Stitch Check Pattern is an easy knit-purl stitch with a lot of texture.
The stitch is timeless and often used to knit baby blankets.
But that is not all it can be used for.
Whatever you use the pattern for, enjoy knitting it!
garter stitch check PATTERN
MORE ABOUT garter check STITCH pattern
Garter Stitch Check Pattern is:
- is easy enough for beginner knitters;
- only uses a combination of knit and purl stitches with no additional knitting techniques;
- alternating garter and stocking stitch patterns, creates an interesting texture;
- the pattern is easy enough to knit whilst reading or watching television.
NEW TO KNITTING?
Check out the following posts:
- Any Yarn of your choice
- The sample was knit using Kartopu Elegance yarn/Medium Worsted (Afghan/Aran) yarn
- Knitting Needles according to the thickness of your yarn (I used 5.5mm, 9US, 5UK)
- The Pattern
I found the Bernat Crushed Velvet Yarn on Amazon that looks similar to what I've used:
This post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
KNITTING TECHNIQUES USED:
- Casting on stitches
- How to make a knit stitch
- How to purl
- Casting off stitches
SIZE / DIMENSIONS (APPROXIMATE):
Gauge: 13 sts and 23 rows per 4″ [10cm] square, knit in the pattern below and with the materials listed above.
The pattern is easy enough for a beginner knitter with some knitting experience.
k - knit
p - purl
rep - repeat
st - stitch
sts - stitches
ws - wrong side
KNITTING PATTERN INSTRUCTIONS
garter check STITCH PATTERN
Use multiples of 20sts
I knit the sample using 40 sts over 60 rows.
Knit as follows:-
Row 1 - *p10, k10* repeat to end;
2nd Row - *p10, k10* repeat to end;
3nd Row - *p10, k10* repeat to end;
4th Row - *p10, k10* repeat to end;
5th Row - k
6th Row - *k10, p10* repeat to end;
7th Row - *k10, p10* repeat to end;
8th Row - *k10, p10* repeat to end;
9th Row - *k10, p10* repeat to end;
10th Row - p
Repeat these 10 rows until your work is the desired length.
Cast off and weave in ends.
WHERE TO USE GARTER check STITCH
- Wearable items
tO WRAP IT UP:
The Garter Check Stitch knitting pattern will add texture to your knitting project and is definitely an eye-catcher!