Easy DIY Christmas Ornament to make in a whizz!
As a grandma, it often feels as if I am only feeding hungry birds and not really teaching them skills.
But this project is definitely something that we can do with our kids or grandkids.
And the plus is that you'll be needing the minimum supplies and time!
The glittered ribbon adds a nice finish and no extra finishing is really necessary.
So, let's show you how easy this handmade project is.
easy diy christmas ornament
more about this quick, cheap and easy christmas ornament to add to your tree or home
what you'll need for your handmade christmas tree ornament
- Kitchen scourer/scrubber/pot scourer with opening in middle (like a donut)(stainless steel or plastic);
- Approximately 80" (2m) Glitter Ribbon, 6 to 7/8-inch (you can use wider ribbon but the thinner one will leave openings) I wrapped my ribbon about 32 times around the scourer;
- Twine, ribbon or embroidery floss to hang the ornament;
- Glue Gun.
These are affiliate links. Any purchase made will result in a small commission at no extra cost to you.
making your easy diy christmas ornament
- Grab your supplies and plug in your glue gun;
- Wrap the ribbon around once and secure the end with glue - add a bit of glue to the scourer as well as the ribbon and press firmly (don't burn yourself);
- Now wrap the ribbon fairly firm around the scourer and ensure that there are no openings in-between;
- Once you come to the end, cut and fold the end of the ribbon over and add some glue, press firmly;
- Tie a piece of embroidery floss or twine and you have made your own Christmas ornament.
You can add cute little bells hanging in the middle, or other Christmassy decorations.
I liked mine simple.
more related christmas makes:
- Simple Easy Christmas Gnomes
- You'll want to crochet (or knit) one of the best Christmas trees
- Crochet (and Knitting) Christmas gift ideas
- Minnie Mouse Crochet Ornament
- Best DIY Christmas Gift Ideas for Grandkids
- Christmas Quotes to share
- Fair Isle Christmas Tree Knitting Pattern
- Free Printable Christmas Gift Tags
- Free Christmas Embroidery Designs
Thank you for visiting my blog and do visit again!