Easy Christmas Gnome for your tree, quick and easy craft
Have you ever wanted to make an easy Christmas gnome? One with an oversized hat and nose?
The Christmas gnomes are so stupid easy, it won't take you more than 30 minutes from gathering of the materials to your first completed decoration.
It shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg either, because there are household alternatives:
- No felt at home - use an old sweater;
- Pom-poms not to be found - make some with wool and carton;
- Stuffing used up on the last knitting projcet - use scraps of yarn, rice or cotton.
These gnomes are of Scandinavian descent and are called 'Nisse' gnomes. All we are interested in, is that Nisse gnomes are gift bearers.
For more Christmas Gift inspiration, check out previous posts below:
let's make easy Christmas gnomes
what you'll need:
- pom-poms (or wool, carton, pom-pom makers)
- stuffing (or cotton, rice)
- twine, crochet thread
- an old nude stocking (nose)
- glue gun
- embroidery needle
- small bells
- embroidery thread
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. I will earn a commission if you click on the link and make a purchase.
how to make the easy CHRISTMAS gnomes
step by step instructions for the easy Christmas gnome
- Start by cutting the felt into a square of about 2.5" (6cm).
- Fold and hot glue 2 ends slightly overlapping, to form a cone.
- Trim into a rounded brimmed hat.
- Make your own pom-poms or select your finished pom-poms to fit your hat. Here is a pom-pom tutorial, using a pom-pom maker.
- Choose a pom-pom or bell for the top of the hat.
- Cut a circle out of an old nude panty hose to make a nose, fill with stuffing or cotton and secure with a rubber band or thread. Cut of any excess hose.
- Take your embroidery needle and thread with twine or crochet cotton, knot the ends.
- Thread the needle through your pom-pom (body), through the inside of the hat, and lastly, through your small pom-pom (bell) on top of the hat.
- You can thread a loop through the small pom-pom again and cut off excess cotton.
- Hot glue the nose in place, just like the image (I lifted the hat a bit).
- Give your gnome some personality with embroidery stitches around the hat with some special love.
And...congratulations, you have made one easy Christmas gnome!
In conclusion, the easy Christmas gnome is a cutie and will be adored by all.
Start making yours today, you will totally be surprised just how quick it goes!
Please share your love and pin the image above!
More Christmas Ideas shared on my Christmas board on Pinterest.