When my friends started expressing their 'readiness' to become grandma's, I just said - It will happen in its time...
At the time, I was not really comprehending the effect of grandparenthood.
Nothing could prepare me for the big chunk of LOVE the tiny humans would literally eat of of my heart!
And guess who got the GRANDMA batch first?
Let me tell you how becoming a grandma gave me a second chance on life.
THINGS I HAVE LEARNED SINCE BECOMING A GRANDMA
- There is no love greater.
- There is nothing that compares to the smell of a baby.
- Nothing is more perfect.
- No music compares to a little one's laugh or calling of my name.
- There is nothing softer to kiss than a baby's cheek or neck.
- Arms around my neck, feels like a safe haven.
- I would do everything to protect them.
- Nothing makes me more pride, than to be part of their lives.
- A little hand in mine, makes me pray.
- Those eyes makes me see everything for the first time....
- Grandchildren are a gift from God.
- Being a grandparent gave me a second chance to re-live life and all it's beauty.
- You discover the most important things in life, again.
I have been offered a second change of life....
Are you a Grandparent?
Does the word mean something different to you now that you are one too?
Have you totally gone nuts, pulling faces, singing songs, been full of cookies, milk and some other stuff that gets harder by time.....?
IS JY 'N OUMA?
Ek is seker jy kan dan identifiseer met hoe so klein wonderwerkie jou laat voel het met jul eerste ontmoeting!
Dis die beste ding wat met my kon gebeur het en ek is seker jy voel dieselfde?!
Geniet jou kleinkinders en stel altyd belang in hulle wel en weë.
Jy weet nooit hoe belangrike rol jy in sy/haar lewe speel nie.