Now that Santa and his reindeer left for the toy factory again, we are looking forward to yet another memorable and lasting celebration....the new beginnings of 2021!
What will a party be without ample planning?
Some of the links are affiliated - which means that if you click through and make a purchase, I will earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you.
New years eve Planning List:
Let's consider all the essentials to make your new years party a bash:
1. Decide on your budget first - will you be supplying everything or are you going to request guests to bring something (like their own drinks, or meat or whatever);
2. Your guest list;
3. You need a theme or color-scheme and decorations to match the occasion;
4. Entertainment - music, games etc;
5. Food & Drinks;
6. Party Favors;
1. Themes & Decorations
Themes would be either formal or informal, depending on where and with whom you are going to be spending your goodbyes to 2021 2019 2018 and hello's to 2021 2020 2019.
A formal party evokes the picture of lots of glitz and sparkle - black, gold and silver. If you want to add a color, opt for a soft hue.
With an informal setting, anything goes!
Are you hosting the party at home or at a venue? Is it going to be indoors or outdoors?
Add the following to your shopping list:
- Gatsby - glitz, glamour and feathers;
- Winter Wonderland - with Frozen inspired decor and a nice coffee/hot chocolate bar;
- Disco - glitter ball, lights and hippy-heels;
- Chinese - chopsticks, umbrellas and take-out boxes;
- Hawaiian - pineapples, cocktails and hula-hoops!
You'll be needing the following for your new years entertainment:-
- Music and a music player of your choice - if you are not familiar with wonderful music app Spotify, it is available on your mobile or tablet. You can create your own playlist or choose one according to your mood. On the link provided, you can click on 'more' for lots of other Apps available to help you personalize your playlist.
- Disco lights/balls.
- Invite entertaining guests, people with charisma and lovely vibes, your party will never be a bore again!
- Try a karaoke sing-off or a name-that-tune game. You can even offer the best and worst renditions prizes.
3. Food & Drink
- Plenty of champagne;
- Lots and lots of ice;
- It's best to decide on a menu according to the time of day, your theme and guests;
- Be responsible for the well-being of your invitees - guests arrive hungry, so give enough snacks and starters to keep them...sober!
Your shopping list:
- snacks and appetizers
- cups, plates, napkins and cutlery
4. Party Favors
Here are a few party favor ideas:
- Countdown Goodie Bags is such an awesome tradition to start in your family circle of friends. If you are curious to see how it is done, hop over here for further details.
- Make you own party crackers just by following the awesome tutorial on Moms and Munchkins. How easy can it be?
- Print the free New Year's Eve Hershey Kisses Printable Labels and while you are on the site, there are more to offer for this years party!
Your shopping list:
- items required to make the above suggested favors
- confetti poppers
- 2019 hats
- Remember to dress for the occasion;
- Camera, Photo booth, props and a Backdrop;
- If you want to put your new year's resolutions on paper, make a list of actionable 'self-imposed' duties, one for each month!
Have yourself a very happy new year!