What do scrapbooking, journaling, planners, memory keeping, photo albums all have in common - it is how to turn your planner into a memory journal.
Add to the list your mobile and pc full of undated or disorganised photo's...also something on your 'to-do list'?
Guess what? You are not alone.
But, what if you can start with the most treasured memories and turn it into something really special?
Some of the links in this post are affiliated. If you make a purchase as a result thereof, I will be compensated at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support.
Let's analyse why you have not started with your journal as yet?
Has your journal been gathering dust since last Christmas?
Are you too afraid to use this clean and crisp smart book because you know it will end up in a scrabbled mess?
Or is your handwriting just plain UGLY?
You can not draw?
You are not really as organised and the images you're seeing on Instagram totally put you off - yours will never look like it!
I am too wordy - I will need more planners than I can handle to use mine as a memory journal.
What is a Memory JOURNAL anyway?
A Memory Journal is your book - you can add notes, sayings, photo's, snippets of stories, funnies, memories of everything and everyone you want to remember.
It is the one book you can pick up in 10 years time and be so grateful that you actually took the time to put it together.
Smart & Perfect...
HOW TO TURN YOUR planner INTO A MEMORY journal & what to include:
- Choose a Theme - mine is going to be my grandchildren
- Gather your favorite photo's (or make printed copies)
- I have not captured their birth details anywhere, so I will include a page for each grandchild, with all of that detail plus a photo (it's so easy to forget the tiny details of a sharp chin or look)
- Remember favorite sayings or
- They called me...
- His/Her favorite toy
- His/Her favorite story or song
- Treasured Memories - photo's of my grandchildren with their great-grandmother who passed on last year
- Holiday FUN
- Best Gifts
- I Love You Moments - special camera-steal moments
- Christmas Time with grans 24 advents bags for each
- School Days / School Plays / School Fun
- Birthday Parties
- The 'Bigger' Family Times
- Family Pets
The list goes on...
and all of a sudden you think - so, do I leave pages open?
what if I do not leave enough room to add something later?
oh no...this is not going to work!
If you are a planning, organised, control freak - plan the pages, leave your openings and just go for it!
In the moment kind of spirit? You'll know what to fill the blank spots with...you go girl!
In 2 minds if you should make a journal for each child - do so.
You see, the choice is yours. You don't need anyone's permission, the only requirements is - to get going!
I'm starting with my memory journal and will share more pages as I am progressing - and I will add the pages for you to witness.