I have fallen in love with reading pillows last year and the crafting community (on facebook) and Pinterest (the bloggers on Pinterest), learned me all the 'How to make's' and offered loads of inspiration.
This post is my dedication to this very addictive form of art and my prayers it that it will leave you inspired and finally proud! (on the gorgeous makes you are going to try!!)
WHAT IS A READING PILLOW?
A reading pillow is a scatter cushion, with an extra pocket inserted in the front, to hold a book/s.
The buzz is not about the pillow itself. It is about the fabric combinations, the finishing touches and the heart that you have put into it.
HOW TO MAKE A READING PILLOW
HOW TO PERSONALIZE A READING PILLOW
As with a blank canvas, you can do what you like, with what you have.
Here are a few ideas:
Each idea link to a post or image, as added inspiration:
Some of the links my lead to affiliates of which I am an affiliate. If you happen to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. Thanks for your support!
- You can machine embroider any wording or image or a combination of the two;
- If you use a printed fabric, it may not even be necessary to add anything;
- Some add handles or
A 2018-READING PILLOW SEW ALONG CHALLENGE
More details of how to enter, to get the design codes etc, visit:
AMEA January 2018 Reading Pillow Sew Along Facebook Group
FACEBOOK INSPIRATION - Mostly for embroidery enthusiasts
- Reading Pocket Pillows "Show and Tell' Group - the members in this group share their latest makes, advise, and even the links to the designs they have used!
Once I asked for instructions and a member made and shared a video - incredible.
- Reading Pillow Fanatics - another active sharing group!
The following are new groups that I just discovered and joined:-
- Pocket Reading Pillow Embroidery
- Reading Pillow Projects And Business
- Pictures & sources for reading pillow designs
- The Reading Cushion
EMBROIDERY SITES WITH READING PILLOW WORDING AND APPLIQUE DESIGNS
Oh my Crafty Supplies, for regular free and discounted designs
Ready to get started?
I am hoping that you have received all the inspiration necessary - if you need more advise, please lcontact me via email, and I will try to get you on the right path!