In this post I am sharing a mint baby shower we held for my second daughter's third baby.
Baby Showers are such a 'ladies' party. Women want to take care and nurture, and we mostly achieve it by giving...not only of ourselves but also by offering gifts. The older I get, the more I want to give and help other women.
When Marilise discovered that she is expecting her third child in four years, she shared this message with us:
Maybe you experienced something similar or fell pregnant 'too soon' or 'just not at the right time'.
Life happens to us...
The greatest miracle to me is a newborn baby.
(If they are related, of course, they are the cutest and prettiest too!!)
You feel the same?
PLANNIng or hosting a mint baby shower
Babies are expensive and you may agree that whatever you're offering as a gift, is at least something the new parents would not need to
It struck me that the most amazing thing about baby showers are that:
- Women care about each other;
- They give because they know how much a new baby needs (and do they GIVE!!);
- The Givers are the one's you want to invite, they don't mind buying the more expensive but practical stuff;
- The mommies relive their own babies' births and share very detailed information about it!
- Some wish they can have a baby;
- Others plan to have;
- The rest are either too young or too old to have babies;
- Most are feeling sorry for the new mom for the discomfort and anticipated delivery but
- Everyone is having a ball!
What is a BABY SHOWER without food?
As the party was held in the morning, we served quiche with salad and sweet little delicacies, just to add the 'feminine' touch!
Keeping your guests entertained
We asked each lady to complete a 'Predictions and Advice' message for the mommy and her baby. Download your free template here.
Tips on hosting a mint baby shower
If you are planning a Baby Shower, remember the following:
- List the size of the clothing as well as the appropriate season, i.e. 0 - 3 months (winter) in the invitation.
- Add diapers to the list!
- Toiletries and medicine are expensive and lots of it will be needed, so add it too.
- If you'd rather spoil the mommy, buy her a dark colored towel or new pj's.
- A themed party is always easier as you will have a central idea (elephants) and color to stick to.
- Rather buy a book than a soft toy.
- If it is a family affair, arrange a Diaper party for the men.
- Place a chair next to the mommy and ask each guest to sit next to her when her gift is opened. Take photos and you will not forget who gave what afterwards! It also involves your guests and makes them feel special.
Hosting a baby shower?
Don't miss a thing! Everything you need to plan or host the perfect party is included in this list post.
What will a party be without something to give away?
The ladies loved the succulents prepared for them with a little 'Thank you' attached to it!
It was a blessed morning and most of the ladies stayed long after lunch.
On July, 14th 2016 we met Jacques Louis and he was all we expected him to be - a bundle of joy!
Baby shower gift ideas
We have created some gifts for baby showers in previous posts and it may just be what you were looking for:
If you found the post inspiring and loved the content, please share it on any of your social platforms.