If you have a penchant for pretty things and love giving a few adorable accessories to your daughter, granddaughter, friend or niece, I want to show you how to make quick and easy hair clips for little girls!
Whether you want it as stocking stuffer or a small gift or favour, a lovely hair clip in a little girl's hair is always an 'oh-ahh'!!
Don't spend a lot of money on stuff you can make for a lot less!
All you need is 15 minutes and a lot of imagination...and a messy craft room! (if you are anything like me...)
What you'll need:
Hair clips - metal alligator clips are the best for fine hair
Embroidery floss and needle
Some of the links are affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make any purchase. If you do, thank you so much!
Always keep some handy craft stash available!
How to make quick and easy hair clips (pretty)for little girls:
For the glitter foam clips:
- Trace the outline of the top section of the hair clip on a piece of paper and cut it out (template);
- Use your template to trace the outline onto the back of the foam (usually the sticky side) and cut it out;
- Remove the sticky paper and press the foam onto your hair clip.
- If you want you can add a dash of glue before you stick it on
- Add embellishments
Other hair clips:
Put your hot glue gun on to warm up in the meantime.
Decide what you want the end result to look like - do you want it:
- a certain colour
- themed - maybe with owls or flowers?
- different styles
- very plain
- over the top
- you have the playground - go for it!
The fun start here...
You can slide some lace through the clip and make a bow on top. Secure with a drop of glue from you glue gun;
Layer some elements like a small crochet flower with a satin bow on top;
Use embroidery floss to attach a button to a layer;
You can do pretty much anything to spruce up the plain hair clips, just ensure that you add a dash of glue to all the layers.
Super easy and I bet you have all the necessities in your craft room!