"Join forces with your peers to share content and maximise your reach!"
Yes, those are Tailwind's own description for TAILWIND TRIBES!
(I am an Affiliate for Tailwind, which may result in a commission paid to me should you make any purchase using my link, with no additional cost to you)
WHAT IS A TAILWIND TRIBE?
Similar to Facebook and Pinterest groups, there is the Tailwind feature called 'Tribes'.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BEING A TRIBE MEMBER?
- You have the opportunity to share your own pins to the Tribe;
- Tribe members will share your pin/s to one of her/his personal or group boards;
- In one share, your pin may be exposed to a whole new Pinterest community = more free exposure!
- Share content from other Tribe members to any of your personal or group boards = curate new pins and fill your queue with quality content!
- All members repin out of the pool of pins to various boards on their own Pinterest account (including group boards);
- Statistics on a weekly basis to your inbox;
- Your most shared pins can be an indication of what is trending, what resonates with a certain audience and what you can replicate.
- Pins that do not fit your niche may be 'skipped' - which means it will not appear in your Tailwind feed anymore.
HOW DO I FIND TRIBES?
- Create a Tailwind account, if you are new to scheduling with Tailwind.
- If you use my Tailwind affiliate link, you will receive a free month, compliments from Tailwind - please click here.
- Find Tribes:
- Search for Tribes in Tribes/Find a Tribe and send a request to join to the Tribe owner. The tribe owner will send you the invitation link via email or in the 'Chat box';
- Check for Tribes in the 'Chat' box' (bottom right of your Tailwind screen). Some members even share new tribes in the conversation;
- Create your own Tribe.
- Search for Tribe links in the following Facebook groups:
- Tailwind Tribes for Pinterest.
- Tailwind Pinterest Tribes.
HOW TO JOIN TRIBES
Click an email invitation link from a Tailwind Tribe owner, which will automatically take you to the chosen tribe.
HOW TO SHARE YOUR PINS TO TAILWIND TRIBES
- Add your pins to Tribes - in the Tailwind 'Publish' section;
- via Pinterest with the Tailwind extension, or;
- Directly from a blog post, with the Tailwind Publisher extension;
- Go to 'Optimize Content' in the Tailwind sidebar and click on 'Pin Inspector' - scroll through the feed for your pin/s or choose the third drop-down 'From my website' (underneath 'Search' - top left).
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU, THE NEW TRIBE MEMBER?
- First, and foremost, to familiarize yourself with the Tribe rules and to adhere to is 100%;
- To be an active Tribe member;
- Don't flood the Tribe feed with all your pins (if allowed) at once - space it out!
- Ensure that the URL of your pin pulls through;
- Optimize your pin with a keyword rich description;
- Use vertical pins only;
- Remember your hastags ##.
There is no better way to proof the effectiveness of Tribes, other than real figures, as in the image below:
Since I joined Tribes, the Tribe community, has shared my pins 1.3k times; resulting in another 658 repins on Pinterest totalling potential impressions (on Pinterest) of 26MILLION (reach)!!!
THANKS TO TAILWIND TRIBES - THESE WERE MY TOP PINS OF THE PAST WEEK:
A NIFTY LITTLE INDICATOR:
In the circle on the image below, is a very smart tool...
If you hover over it, it will show you how many times your image has been shared on Pinterest, Facebook and Google +.
HOW TO CREATE YOUR OWN TRIBE
Log in to your Tailwind account
Click on the second tab on the sidebar (left), just below 'Weekly Summary', on TRIBE
On the top left, click on 'Create New Tribe'
Create new tribe
Complete Tribe Name
Add Tribe Description
Set out tribe rules
Choose tribe category
Skip a pin
If you are confident that a pin will not suit your niche, you can click on the 'Skip' button
The effect will be that the pin will be hidden from your tribe feed
Avoid having to scan through the hidden pins again
TAILWIND TRIBES TO JOIN:
1. Claire shares tribes listed according to Niche here.
2. Lynn from The Mother Hustler Blog shares 200 tribes in various categories here.
3. My Tribe - Blogger Pin Bloggers Tribe can be joined here.
TAILWIND is now also available to schedule to INSTAGRAM
PINTEREST now allows hashtags too - get started
Do you have any Tribes or Pinterest group boards that you want to promote? Please list it in the comments and I will add it to the content.
Please care to share with fellow bloggers in any of your Facebook groups or social media accounts - Thanks and happy sharing!