Today, we share the most adorable advent calendars currently on the market.
Christmas advent calendars are such a special way to spread holiday cheer. If you love making Christmas crafts and to spoil loved ones, these lovely DIY Christmas calendar ideas will not disappoint.
Won't have time to make it?
Included in the list are very traditional options that you can order or make now!
FREE ADVENT PRINTABLES
Last year, I started a new family tradition....
I wrapped 24 gifts for each of my (then 4) grandchildren - from 1st of December to the 24th!
Included in the gifts were clothes, sweeties, favorite cookies and some beach wear....remember we celebrate Christmas in the sun!
Yesterday I learned that my 'clothes' gifts were not as popular...ouch!
Nevertheless...I have shopped clothes again...but this time, I will add something interesting, but small, each day.
It is not as pricey as you may think as I make some of the present myself. It also does help if you start buying little trinkets throughout the year. Be on the look out for sales as well - the problem is though, I can normally not store these gifts too long!
In the picture below is some of the goody bags I made last year....
Ideas to add to your goody bags:
- Crochet, knit or sew Christmas tree ornaments
- Applique a favorite animal or character on a T-shirt
- Make a tiara or mask from fabric or foam
- Make doll's clothes or furniture for a dolls house
- Add cars for his collection (I would only add one a day)
- Coloring book (one day)
- Coloring pens (the next day)
- Story book
- Note books with pens
- Hair accessories
- Hand bag
- Trinkets for the hand bag
- Tooth brush and tooth paste
- Bubble bath
- Character face cloths or bath mittens
- Beach towel
- Beach gear like goggles, sunglasses
- Small packets of lego's, figurines
- Cupcake mix
- Caramel condensed milk
- Favorite cookies
- Favorite porridge
- Favorite drink
- Favorite snack
- New shoes, slip-ons, slippers
- Casual clothes with TV or story characters
- Favorite movies or games
As a special gift to you, I designed free printable Christmas countdown tags. Have fun with it!
You can download the countdown tags here.
DIY Advent Calendar Ideas
- Hang goody bags from a dry branch, like Lauren did here or with a more Scandinavian twist like Duni did here.
- Cover match boxes with craft paper, decorate with doilies and stencil the dates on it! Stick these on a wall or piece of furniture (like a cupboard) and there you have lovely, quick and easy advent calendar - for inspiration, check out this post.
- Cut different shapes out on paper and sew 2 pieces together to form a bag. Fill with sweeties and close the gap. Add a ribbon or some bakers twine. Hang on your tree or from your window or door.....from anywhere! If you want to stick to certain colors, here is a black and white idea......
- Make small felt pockets (you can sew it by hand or with your machine), embellish and add numbers to it. I am sharing a very old post, but it is still lovely. Click here for the post and pattern.
- Cover toilet rolls with gift wrap, 'pretty' it up and fill with candy.
- Embroider sachets or ith houses with numbers - string it like a bunting or hang on your tree.
- Fill envelopes with clues and hide the goody bags somewhere to create more fun.
Don't have time - check out these lovelies:
The post contains affiliate links and will result in a commission at no extra cost to you.
Remember: Creativity has no rules. You can absolutely make what you want and how you want is. Nothing is perfect.
Let me tell you, only the best makes are shared - the rest are hidden as reminders of our own humanity!