Niche group boards are a collection of ideas and inspiration of specific topics you already love.
It is jam-packed of what you can do on your own blog (in your own unique voice) or what you should better not do.... it is in short = CREATIVE JUICE!
Let me get you excited about group boards
- I have 20k Pinterest followers but Claire (more about her below) has 1 million - whatever I share to her group board/s, have the potential to be seen by some of her followers (which is a significant amount of people) + some of mine!!!
- Add all the other collaborators to that specific group board/s plus their followers and we have a RECIPE FOR SUCCESS!!!
- Hold on to this thought for a moment...
- Remember when you opened your Pinterest account, you chose Interests - e.g. Inspirational Quotes, DIY and Crafts, and maybe Garden (ing)?
- You chose these Interests because you blog about it or because it might be one of your hobbies;
- What is Pinterest doing with your choices? It recommends pins and boards related to your Interests every time you refresh your smart feed (your Pinterest landing page).
The Magic of Niche Group Boards:-
Are you still holding on to that thought? Let's explore the magic of the niche group boards:
- Niche Group Boards equal EXPOSURE.
- Exposure to your audience, your Interests, your Tribe/s.
- For Example - If I save my Easy Crochet Baby Blanket pin to Claire's Crochet Patterns, Tips and Inspiration group board, my pin will appear in Claire's smart feed (hopefully) and in the smart feed of her followers who chose DIY and Crafts as their Interest + in my own smart feed + the smart feed of my followers with the same Interest.
- All the pins on the Niche group board, can be easily repinned to my own boards (which saves me time to curate relevant pins).
- Let's take Crochet as a topic - I have about 6 personal Crochet boards + 3 group boards. So... any crochet pins (of others) can be shared to more than one of my own boards....widening the scope of the audience.
- Whenever someone who has not chosen or saved any Crochet pins, searches something 'Crochet', Pinterest will for a short while, recommend Crochet related pins.
- Likewise, followers of my Crochet boards or Claire's Crochet Patterns, Tips and Inspiration group board might also have more related boards = more and more repins!
- Pinterest might also 'recommend' my pin to (other) Pinners with the same Interests, or
- Recommend one of my Crochet Boards to (other) Pinners with the same Interests.
Don't in a million years think that newbies to Pinterest are a waist of time!
Let me tell you that most of my repins are from pinners with less than 100/1000 followers.
I encourage you to investigate this yourself.
What is in the Tribe for me?
Once you become a 'member' of a specific Interest (or Tribe, as some call it), it becomes easier to:-
- Network - approaching someone (as in another blogger or a very talented craftster) you have seen around and know you have supported on social media, or ask her for something (like a guest post or access to a group board) is not so out-of-your-comfort-zone as opposed to a total stranger!
- You immediately target your ideal audience;
- Targeting your audience means growing your own following;
- Growing your own following results in more confidence, allowing you to create better post/products.
- When you create with confidence, the sky is the limit!
Join my Tailwind Tribe by clicking here - http://bit.ly/2vmmdRt
Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, which will result in a commission to the blogger. For a full disclosure, please read here.
It is a general tribe and meant to help all bloggers grow their reach.
Not a Tailwind subscriber yet? Join Tribes and enjoy a free month (worth $15 if you use my affiliate link).
Find your Tribe:
The best way to become a member of a Niche or Tribe, is to join:-
- Pinterest Group Boards (Niche)
- Facebook Groups
- Tailwind Tribes and
- Boardbooster Tribes (very new)
- 407 Pinterest Group Boards
- 440 Facebook Groups
- 165 Popular Bloggers with high Alexa scores
I have taken the course, and I am also an affiliate. Jen is a smart lady who cares deeply for each one in her tribe (you get to join her Facebook group). Being an affiliate means that if you click on the link above and make a purchase, you are super awesome! It also means that I will receive a commission.
Please note, that I recommend the course because it saves you time and the content is valuable.
Since I started joining some of the groups, I have gained more traffic and started networking with some very fine BFF's!
More Group Board Tips:
- When you join a general group board - make sure the board's description includes all the relevant keywords of pins to be pinned to that specific board.
- For instance, if a group board has a name like - i.e. "Top Blogs" with a description like - "A group board where bloggers are free to share their pins", either look for a better group board, or ask the group board owner to insert keywords like - "A group board where bloggers share their Blogging; DIY and Crafts; Social Media Tips; Inspirational Quotes; Faith; Self Care ....-type pins."
- Otherwise....without keywords the chances of the group board showing up in Pinterest search, is very dim.
- Pinterest Group Boards are great!
- Targeted Pinterest Group Boards are super awesome!
- Join your niche Tribe and become a winner!