Christmas is officially less than 10 weeks away!
Scheduled for 1st December, the Cake Club, will host its annual Christmas Exchange Party again! Let me explain….I have a unique circle of friends like you probably do too….we are a blend of younger and, of course, more mature woman. We share the same interests, friends, joys, fears and town.
The members of the Cake Club are very crafty and talented woman and are always up for a challenge. We started with a Christmas Exchange Party last year: the requirements were that all gifts should be handmade with love.
The ladies out-smarted themselves, as can be seen in the photo above. Karen, ever so practical, made kitchen towels to hang on the stove, Elna knitted/crocheted and hand-embroidered pot holders. Teresa bottled her famous noodle salad, whilst Jorietha spoiled us with Xmas cakes! Magdel, (no truer than true) chose quotes and decoupaged coasters with it. Arina, specialist of the loveliest-wrapped gifts ever, baked us cookies. Debrie, the newest member on the blog, presented us with a homemade (remember) foot scrub – #1! Lovely Louise with the contagious giggle, decided that a chocolate spoon with some treats will be something the rest of us, will favour. Lizelle, the artist with long curly, unruly hair, potted succulents and last but not least yours truly machine embroidered monograms on soft lace to cover hangers.
On a quest to choose a unique friends gift this year, I resorted to my best friend, Pinterest again. Here are some of the Best Christmas Gift Ideas, finds for you:
Handmade Gifts for Friends
Let’s define handmade first – this will include anything that is not simply bought and wrapped – there must be some effort and creativity involved!
Best Girly Gifts Ideas in a Jar
The ingredients can be coupled with a specific theme or fragrance (I loveeee lavender), eg:-
1. A bath pampering/Spa jar with:-
- Lip balm – make your own Sunscreen Lip balm with this recipe – http://gardentherapy.ca/sunscreen-lip-balm-recipe/
- A bath tea bag http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2014/10/host-a-make-your-own-bath-salt-soaks-in-a-tea-bag-spa-party.html or bomb http://www.everythingetsy.com/2014/05/diy-lush-inspired-bath-bombs/
- Foot or body scrub, at http://www.littlegirldesigns.com/brown-sugar-foot-scrub/
- Bubble bath – a lavender (again) recipe – http://www.doterraeveryday.com/diy-bubble-bath/
- Lotion – Moisturizing body butter @ http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/02/make-your-own-moisturizing-body-butter.html
- Glycerine soap bars are super easy and you’ll enjoy making these with your kids/grandkids – https://newleafwellness.biz/2014/04/02/make-homemade-glycerin-soaps/
- Eye mask – http://hellonatural.co/best-eye-mask-for-wrinkles/
2. A nail pampering jar with:-
- Nail polish
- Nail polish remover
- Nail clipper or scissors
- Nail brush
- Nail files in a lovely sleeve made in a jiffy @ (http://thealmostperfectionist.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/fabric-nail-file-sleeve-tutorial.html?m=1)
- Cotton wool swabs
- Add foot and/or hand lotion to spruce this jar up!
3. A Candle jar with:-
- Fragranced candles – http://www.reallyprettyuseful.co.uk/blog/make-diy-scented-candles
- Citronella candles, see tutorial here – http://martysmusings.net/2014/07/make-citronella-candles.html
- Christmas Township Candle Holder http://shabbyartboutique.com/2014/11/its-no-secret-women-love-candles.html
- Store bought candle on sea sand or Epsom salt complimented with snowy pines and lace, is an easy, low-cost choice as described in http://craftsbyamanda.com/snowy-pinecone-candle-jars/ or
- Fairy lights in a jar, carpeting you to a Thousand and One story nights
4. Sewing kit jar with:-
- Small scissor
- Variety of needles
- Safety pins and pins
- Pin cushion – to be covered in a next round up!
- Cotton yarn
- Neutral coloured buttons in different sizes
- Small pieces of fabric
- Measuring tape for the unforeseen!
Be sure not to miss the follow-up on the Best Gift Ideas later this week! If you subscribe to the blog, you will not miss one single post.
This is hands-down the best time in the year – all the preperation and ideas for Christmas makes me so excited. Soon, we will hear Jingle Bells in the shops too!